I first created this back in April 2016. At first I was charging for this pattern. After some time, I have decided to add this, and ALL of my patterns to my blog for free. (Thankfully there aren’t too many of them). I do offer an AD FREE pattern for $1. You can find my ad free pdf files in my pattern shop. 🙂 to download this pattern, you can find it on Ravelry or in my shop.
Below you will find the FREE coffee cup pin cushion pattern.
Coffee Cup Pin Cushion
By At WIPS End Crochet – A Work in Progress
Created April 2016
- 3 colors COTTON yarn (MC, C2, C3)
- 3.5 mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Small safety eyes
- CH- Chain
- SlSt – Slip Stitch
- Rnd – Round
- SC – Single Crochet
- HDC – Half Double Crochet
- TR – Triple Crochet
- FLO – Front Loop Only
- BLO – Back Loop Only
- Rpt – Repeat
- f/o – finish off
- MR – Magic Ring
- Sc2tog – Single Crochet 2 together
- Pattern is worked in Single Crochet in the round. All rounds are JOINED unless otherwise mentioned.
- Ch stitches DO NOT count in stitch count.
By working this pattern, you are agreeing to NOT distribute this pattern without permission of the designer (At WIPS End Crochet). You MAY sell the finished product, but would appreciate a link back to my website: http://www.atwipsend.com/ If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to message me on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/atWIPSend
MC, 10 SC in MR, join to 1st st, pull right closed.
Rnd 1: Ch 1. 2 sc in same as join. 2 sc in each st around. Join. (20)
Rnd 2: Ch 1, SC in same as join, 2 sc in next *1 sc in next, 2 sc in next* rpt x5 Join.(30)
Rnd 3: ch 1, BLO, sc in same as join & around. Join (30)
Rnd 4: ch 1, SC2TOG (join & next st), SC in next 13, SC2TOG, SC next 13. Join (28)
Rnd 5: ch 1 FLO, skip join, 2 sc in next, 1 sc next 3. x7 join. (35)
Rnd 6: ch 1, 2 sc in same as join, *1 sc next 4 sts. 2 sc in next, 1 sc next 4 sts* x 5. join (42)
Rnd 7: ch 1, sc in same as join and next 4 sts, 2sc in next. *sc next 5, 2 sc in next* x5. Join (49)
Rnd 8 – 12: ch 1, sc in same and around. Join (49)
Rnd 13 & 14: ch 1 hdc around, Join (49)
Rnd 15: ch 1, sc around. Join. f/o (49)
With MC, ch 15. SC in 2nd ch from hook (using back ridge). SC in next 13 sts. 4 SC in last ch. **DO NOT carry your yarn through the back stitches** 12 SC along bottom of original chain, 3SC in last st. Join. Slst around. f/o
*you should have a tail at both ends*
With MC, 10 HDC in MR. Pull tight, before joining, pull tail between the first and last stitches.
Rnd 1: Ch 1. 2 hdc in same as join and around (20)
Rnd 2: ch 1. hdc in same as join, 2 hdc in next *hdc in next, 2 hdc in next* rpt around (30)
Rnd 3: ch 1. 2hdc in same as join, hdc in next two. *2hdc in next, hdc next 2* rpt around (40)
Rnd 4: ch 1. hdc in same as join and next 2 sts. 2hdc in next. *hdc next 3 sts, 2 hdc in next* rpt around (50)
Rnd 5: ch 1. 2hdc in same as join. Hdc in next 4. *2hdc in next, hdc in next 4* rpt around. (60)
Rnd 6. Slst around. f/o weave in tail, leaving the tail through the center as that is used to sew saucer to cup.
Top: (This will be worked in a continuous spiral)
Using C2, 7 SC in MR. Pull tight, but DO NOT JOIN
Rnd 1: 2 sc in each st around (14)
Rnd 2: sc in next, 2 sc in next, rpt around (21)
Rnd 3: 2 sc in next, sc in next 2, rpt around (28)
Rnd 4: 2 sc in next, sc in next 3, rpt around (35)
Rnd 5: 2 sc in next, sc in next 4, rpt around (42)
Rnd 6: 2 sc in next, sc in next 5, rpt around (49)
Rnd 7 – 9: 1 sc in each st around (49) f/o leave long tail for sewing
**NOTE: you may omit one or 2 rounds depending on how well the top fits to the cup. Before stuffing, it should fit snuggly inside the last round of the cup**
C3, In MR, ch 3, 3 TR, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc, 3 TR, ch 2, slst in ring. Pull tight, f/o, Leave tail for sewing.
- Handle: sew top of handle to 1st round of hdc. Weave in end. Shape the bottom part of the handle to how you would like it then sew in place. *the best place for the handle is covering the “join”. Weave in end.
- Saucer: Sew bottom of cup to middle of the saucer with string left from the saucer. Come up inside the cup, behind the ridge from the “BLO” round. Continue around. f/o and weave in end.
- Face (Optional): add small mm safety eyes, and create a smile with black crochet thread.
- Heart: Sew your heart to the coffee top in a position you would like. I chose to sew mine off center.
- Stuffing/finishing: Partially stuff coffee cup with poly-fil or filling of your choice. Fit your Top Piece to the cup and whip stitch the coffee to the inside loop of the cup. Leave approximately 2-3 inches undone to finish firmly stuffing your cup. When stuffed completely, whip stitch the opening closed.
I hope you have enjoyed this pattern! I had a blast making it!!